Program Focused. Water | Waste | Watts | WoW
- Grey water seminars
- Drought tips including native planting education
- Permanente Creek clean up
Watts (All Things Energy)
- “Unleash The Power On Your Roof” Campaign to encourage solar installations
- Our efforts resulted in Los Altos joining CCE (Community Choice Energy) through Silicon Valley Clean Energy.
WoW! (Walk or Wheel)
- Increased walking/bike commuting at local schools, on average, to > 22%. Interested? Get in touch.
Community Driven: 2400 residents. 35 businesses. 1400 kids.
- Members include >2400 passionate residents, 35 businesses/organizations.
- > 1,400 youth participated in our programs
- >100 volunteers donated 8,500 hours to GreenTown programs
Collaboration Yields Powerful Results:
- Encouraged the City to sign the US Mayor’s Climate Protection Agreement.
- Recommended the City complete baseline inventory of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Saved the City >$200,000 in consulting fees by providing in-depth research and analysis for waste contract.
- Educated Environmental Commission and City Council about waste collection issues, including importance of food waste and compostables collection.
- Educated citizens through articles and public speaker events on topics such as climate change, energy reduction, sustainable landscaping, toxins, how youth are helping the environment and water savings.