Acterra’s Electric Vehicle (EV) workshop on June 9th provided a wealth of information to help you get started on the your journey to go electric!
With so many EVs available, their driving ranges improving, ownership and operating costs at or below gas-powered vehicles and significant environmental benefits, more than ever it’s a no-brainer to “go EV” with your next car purchase!
The workshop presented all the key information you’ll need to make the transition to an electric vehicle:
- What is an EV and why drive and EV?
- What are the environmental and health benefits of switching to EVs?
- What are some other the benefits of an EV?
- What is the cost-of-ownership advantages of an EV and how does it compare to a gas powered car?
- How to charge your EV?
- What charging infrastructure is available?
- What vehicles are available and what is coming soon?
- What incentives are available to buy an EV?
Watch the recording of the Clean Air, Blue Skys. Drive Electric Video presentation and head over to Acterra’s EV resources page for great information including the latest lease deals!
- Federal Tax Credit – Scroll down for step-by-step instructions on completing the tax form. General Motors brands and Tesla models no longer qualify for this credit.
- California State Rebate
- PG&E Clean Fuel Rebate
- Rebate Finder Tool from Plugstar – Discover all the rebates and perks available in your area.
- EV Finder Tools from Sierra Club and PG&E
- Weekly list of EV lease deals – Make sure your lease term is for at least 30 months in order to qualify for the $2000 California state rebate.
- Used EVs: The following Bay Area dealerships carry previously-owned EVs:
- Green Light Auto Wholesale (Daly City)
- Rose Motors (Castro Valley)
- Driven-EV.com (Livermore)
- Skye Auto (Fremont)
- Barocci Motor Group (Teslas only, Richmond)