GreenTown’s top picks for Earth Day events near you include the following:
Saturday, April 21
Earth Day Celebration at Shaped by Water. 12noon-4pm
Los Altos History Museum, 51 S. San Antonio Road, Los Altos
- Riveropolis artist, Gregory Gavin will bring his play river for kids to play in.
- Water Wizard, Kathy Machado, will dazzle them with her magic show at 1pm.
- Lots of organizations will be on hand with the lastest information on how to conserve and protect our water resources. Fun for the whole family! See poster.
Spring Native Plant Sale. 10am-3pm
Hidden Villa, 26870 Moody Road, Los Altos Hills
- Scores of species of native plants, seeds, and bulbs for sale. See poster.
Sunday, April 22
Earth Day Every Day in Los Altos Hills, 1-4pm
Westwind Barn, 27210 Altamont Road, Los Altos Hills
- “Live Wild Cats” education presentation by Leopard’s Etc. at 1:30 and 3:00pm. See poster.
Water Lilies Installation in Palo Alto, all day
Opening Remarks, 12-12:30pm. Palo Alto Baylands Nature Preserve, Byxbee Park Parking Lot, 2375 Embarcadero Road.
- Hear from artist Judith Selby Lang and Palo Alto Art Center Director, Karen Kienzle, and celebrate the opening of Water Lilies, the Palo Alto Art Center’s latest temporary site-specific installation. See poster.