Our GreenTown team of volunteers has been working hard to line up some terrific prizes for the Drive Less Challenge contest, which starts in just over a week – April 22.
Los Altos businesses have really stepped up to entice you to get out of your car and walk, bike, skate, or carpool. So far, 24 businesses in Los Altos have contributed some fantastic prizes totaling over $1600 in value, including:
Gift certificates and gear from Bicycle Outfitter and Chain Reaction
Gift certificates from Andronico’s, Baskin Robbins, Brian’s Restaurant, Chef Chu’s, Esther’s German Bakery, Rick’s Café and Sumo Sushi and some goodies from Peet’s.
Services and Health Products
- Teeth Whitening by Dr. John McBirney, DDS
- Gift certificates for nail, hair and healing arts treatments from Jolie Madame, Andiamo Salon and Firefly Willows and for health products from Peggy’s Health Center.
- Alterations by Paris Tailor
Gifts and Products for Your Home
Gift certificates from Alabasta Flower Shop, BK Collections, Cranberry Scoop, Hartman Fashions, Linden Tree, Los Altos Hardware and Vintage Bath.
How Can You Win These Prizes?
Sign up for the Drive Less Challenge by visiting www.drivelesschallenge.com
and clicking on “Take the Challenge
.” Be sure to select “Los Altos/Hills” as your community. Compete as an individual or gather up some friends, co-workers, fellow students or neighbors to compete as a group. Then log your trips and your miles.
- Most Green Miles by Mode (e.g., bike, walk, bus, train, carpool, small electric)
- Most Green Trips
- Most Green Shopping Trips
- Best Blog Story
- Most Improved (must input a baseline)
- Greenest Group
- Largest Group
We also plan to do a few random drawings, so you could win a prize just by signing up for the contest!